Are you a Nurse, Midwife, Allied Health Professional, Pharmacist or Healthcare Scientist?
Have you completed or are about to complete a masters level degree or a PhD?
Could you be looking to undertake a PhD or a post-doctoral level fellowship?
Do you want to make a difference through undertaking high quality clinical research?
The HEE/NIHR ICA bridging scheme offers a 12 month post-doctoral programme with an individual award of up to £34,000 and up to £10,000 for the 6 month pre-doctoral programme. It is envisaged that the award will make a contribution towards salary backfill costs, training modules, travel expenses and access to high quality academic mentorship.
Awardees will be released for 50% of their contracted hours to focus on the development of their research career and work towards a successful NIHR fellowship application. The programme will provide ;-
A dedicated period within which to develop your research proposal to form the basis of an application for a HEE /NIHR ICA doctoral or postdoctoral fellowship or alternative.
– An opportunity for you to assess your current levels of ‘researcher’ skills and competence allowing you to identify, plan and commence your developmental activity.
– Access to academic and clinical environments that will encourage you to develop creativity and originality in research design and delivery.
– Engagement with advanced research techniques and knowledge specific to your proposed research.
– Enhancement of your personal development of written, oral presentation and other communicative abilities required by clinical academic researchers.
– The opportunity to widen your research network links at regional, national and potentially international level.
– Development of the skills and knowledge required for you to become investigators and research leaders of the future.
In order to be eligible for the pre-doctoral level bridging scheme, individuals who work within the Integrated Clinical Academic professions must hold a Master’s level qualification (or evidence of postgraduate study at Level 7).
In order to be eligible for the post-doctoral scheme, individuals who work within the Integrated Clinical Academic professions must have completed or are about to complete a PhD and are looking to apply for a post-doctoral fellowship.
Closing date for applications is 5pm Monday 17th September and interviews will be held on Monday 15th October in Leeds.
The programme for pre doctoral will commence with a one and a half day residential workshop in Leeds mid November 2018 and the post doctoral programme will commence in January 2019.
For an application form please contact email@example.com
For eligibility criteria http://research.northwest.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/TCC-ICA-Eligible-Professions-and-Registration-Bodies-1.pdf
Or for the website http://research.northwest.nhs.uk/work/the-releasing-potential-programme/hee-nihr-bridging-scheme/