BAPO is the only UK body that represents the interests of prosthetic and orthotic professionals and associate members to their employers, colleague Allied Health Professionals and all groups that are involved in the field of prosthetics and orthotics. BAPO enjoys the support of a high majority of the profession as members.
- Lobbies to promote and maintain our member’s clinical excellence and service to the patient to all organisations involved in prosthetics and orthotics.
- Produces guidelines for best practice.
- Works within an ethical code.
- Annually organises the UK’s main prosthetic and orthotic conference.Manages and distributes information relating to members and our Allied Health Professional colleagues.
- Develops and runs educational courses.Actively promotes and enables Continuing Professional Development for members.
- Provides advice to members and other interested parties.Provides insurance for members.