This page details all of our upcoming short courses, these can all also be found and booked in the Events page of the Members area.
The recording is now available following the successful Zoom Webinar of the BAPO Virtual Symposium: Outcome Measures for Lower Limb Orthotics which took place on Saturday 27 January 2024
Conor McDaid – Clinical Lead Orthotist/Advanced practitioner, Wirral University Teaching Hospital.
Joshua Young – Senior Orthotist and Clinical Development Manager, John Florence Limited
Eileen Morrow – Doctoral Research Fellow, University of Oxford
Natalie Hall – Clinical Lead Orthotist, East Lancashire Hospital Trust
This symposium focused on the application of outcome measures in lower limb orthotic practice. Acknowledging the challenges of the current climate, BAPO promotes the routine use of these measures. This event served as a platform for Orthotists to exchange insights and experiences regarding outcome measures.
1. Identify and understand various outcome measures used in lower limb orthotic practice.
2. Gain an appreciation for the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF).
3. Evaluate baseline and follow-up measurements in relation to the ICF.
4. Explore goal-setting strategies within orthotic management.
5. Discuss the assessment of functioning, activities, and participation through outcome measurements.
Orthotists and postgraduate students experienced in orthotic practice, along with other Allied Health Professionals (AHPs) working in orthotics. This event is open to BAPO members and non-members.
BAPO Members £37.80 including VAT
Non-members £47.25 including VAT