Welcome to BAPO Teatime Talks, an engaging and informative one-hour virtual series that aims to keep Prosthetists, Orthotists, Technicians and Support Workers, members, and non-members alike, updated with the latest trends in clinical practice. These interactive sessions are thoughtfully designed to enhance your knowledge and foster professional growth.
Join us every other Monday at 6:00pm on Zoom for different practice relevant conversations.
Please note: they do not run on Bank Holidays.
Why register for these virtual events?
- Cutting-Edge Topics: Our Teatime Talks cover a wide range of cutting-edge topics, bringing you insights into the most relevant issues and advancements in the field of clinical practice
- Expert Speakers: We are proud to host prominent experts and thought leaders who share their valuable expertise, ensuring that you receive accurate and up-to-date information
- Interactive Format: Our sessions are highly interactive, encouraging active participation from the audience. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions, share experiences, and engage in meaningful discussions
- Recorded Sessions: Can’t make it to a live session? No worries! All our past talks are recorded and exclusively available to our valued members within the members’ area of the BAPO website.
Simply log in and access the wealth of knowledge at your convenience
How to Access Recorded Sessions: As a BAPO member, you gain exclusive access to the recorded sessions through our members’ area. Please visit the link below to sign in and access the library of past talks: https://bit.ly/BAPOteatimetalks
Past Education Resources
- Monday 13 November 2023 – Teatime Talk – Model for the Management of Partial Foot Amputations (via Members Area)
- Monday 9 October 2023 – Teatime Talk – EDI, allyship and subconscious bias presentation. Hosted by Gemma Cassidy, Bhavna Mehta and Florence Goodwin (via Members Area)
- Wednesday 13 September 2023 – Preceptorship Launch Webinar for Prosthetists and Orthotists – YouTube link
- Monday 4 September 2023 – Teatime Talk – BAPO CAT (Critically Appraised Topic) Club Launch hosted by Florence Goodwin and Miriam Golding-Day (via Members Area)
- Monday 21 August 2023 – Teatime Talk – Virtual Reality for Distraction Therapy during pediatric casting hosted by Jack Cato, Implementation Lead, UK, SyncVR Medical (via Members Area)
- Monday 24 July 2023 Teatime Talk – Footwear – straight to supply – hosted by Jose Perez of TalarMade (via Members Area)
- Monday 17 July 2023 – From 1984 to Today: Ian’s Journey as an Orthotic Technician! – YouTube link
- Monday 10 July 2023 Teatime Talk – Update on treatments and outcomes of CTEV – hosted by Sharon Solan, Paediatric Physiotherapist, Great North Children’s Hospital (via Members Area)
- Monday 26 June 2023 Teatime Talk – Dynamic Ligament Bracing and Össur Academy Online – hosted by Peter Gill – Bracing Sales Manager UK North & Giles Leeming – Clinical Specialist Orthotist of Ossur
(via Members Area)
- Monday 22 May 2023 Teatime Talk – Silicone technology for SAFO – hosted by Alan Hews, Senior Orthotist and Ben Cunningham, Head of Silicone manufacturing at Dorset Orthopaedic – (via Members Area)
- Monday 15 May 2023 – Introductory session: An awareness session for Dementia/Brain Health and launch a questionnaire to members – hosted by Susie Fraser – NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde – YouTube link
- Monday 3 April 2023 Teatime Talk – Planned changes in prosthetic service provision in the UK following the review of prosthetic services – hosted by Colonel Alan Mistlin CBE (via Members Area)
- Monday 27 March 2023 – Orthotist job satisfaction and attrition – why we leave our jobs – hosted by Katie Prosser YouTube link
- Monday 20 March 2023 – How to find information to stay up-to-date – YouTube link
- Monday 13 September 2021 – Teatime Talk – Material selection for KAFO (via Members Area)
- Monday 9 August 2021 – Teatime Talk – KAFO knee joint systems (via Members Area)
- Monday 19 July 2021 – Teatime Talk – Lever arms and trimlines in KAFO (via Members Area)
- Monday 14 June 2021 – Teatime Talk – Ground reaction force manipulation in KAFOs
(via Members Area)