4 universities currently have courses open for students.
Prosthetic and Orthotic Technician Apprenticeship Route
The University of Derby offers a Level 3 Prosthetic and Orthotic Technician Apprenticeship, and a Degree Apprenticeship at Level 6. The programme provides students an opportunity to qualify as either a Prosthetic/Orthotic Technician or Practitioner.
Apprenticeships offer companies the chance to embed new skills and grow talent within their workplace while offering apprentices the opportunity to learn on the job and earn simultaneously.
The collaboration: BAPO Teatime talk
The P&O Apprenticeship department at the University of Derby has collaborated with the British Association of Prosthetists and Orthotists on their bi-weekly teatime talk as part of a joint effort to create awareness of this apprenticeship program.
With the need to grow the P&O profession and equip more people with skills sufficient to meet the population’s needs, we believe that the place of the apprenticeship will facilitate an increased workforce.
Watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h0LJXPlju0
Strathclyde Bsc Hons
Study with us
- Study on the only four-year Prosthetics and Orthotics course in the UK accredited by the International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Gain clinical experience with patients in both prosthetics and orthotics throughout your studies
- Access to state-of-the-art technology in gait analysis and scanning systems
- One of only two such degrees in the UK approved by the Health and Care Professions Council
- Benefit from access to departmental scholarships
Information coming soon!
Prosthetics and Orthotics – MSc
Progress your career within the exciting field of prosthetics and orthotics on the MSc programme. The programme has been carefully designed to reflect current innovation and technology in the field but also the need for evidence-based treatment options. Prosthetics and Orthotics at Keele embraces the challenges of modern healthcare and enables you to develop key clinical skills to become a highly competent Prosthetist and Orthotist who can make a positive impact on people’s lives. More information here: Prosthetics and Orthotics – Keele University