#TeaTimeTalk – Monday 27th February – Practice based learning (PBL) Framework for the P&O workforce
We would like to invite you to an upcoming webinar that will focus on the development of a Practice-Based Learning (PBL) framework for the P&O workforce. This webinar is an opportunity for you to learn about the new framework and provide feedback on its development.
During the webinar, we will present the concept and structure of the PBL framework, and discuss how it links to other key areas of work.
The presentation will be followed by a Q&A session, where you will have the chance to ask any questions you may have and provide feedback on the framework.
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
The British Dietetic Association’s (BDA)
award-winning Future Leaders
Programme in association with AHPF
and The Institute of Leadership and
SAVE THE DATE! The next #TeaTimeTalk is on Monday 13th February at 6pm and will cover the subject of AHP Strategic implementation for P&O
BAPO Events Survey
BAPO is asking members and non-members alike to complete a quick survey on events that BAPO may run in the coming years. The survey will only take a few minutes but will help shape the events we run
BAPO’s Mentoring Programme
The British Association of Prosthetists and Orthotists (BAPO) is delighted to launch its mentoring scheme which is an exclusive, fully funded service offered to our members.
Members can use this service at any career stage to gain personalised guidance on a range of topics. Like all allied health profession (AHP) roles, prosthetists and orthotists, and our support workforce, face challenges. We believe anyone from the very start of their career to experienced staff can benefit from the support and guidance a suitable mentor can provide.
The BAPO team believes mentoring provides:
- Valuable experiences to the mentees, who are able to call on the experience and knowledge of other members of the prosthetic and orthotic (P&O) profession, and colleagues external to P&O, to help their career development.
- Valuable leadership and management skills to mentors, from accessing our mentor training resources, to gaining experience in helping others progress in their career.
Mentoring relationships facilitate personal and professional development through support, challenge and review. Mentoring is about encouraging mentees to take responsibility for their own progression and challenging them to find their own answers.
If this is something you’re interested in learning more about, follow these steps to sign up:
- Register by clicking on this link or the button below. Once registered you can access our introductory videos and guidance to help you get the most out of the mentoring relationship.
- Decide the areas you would like to work on in a mentoring relationship – the support you are looking for as a mentee, or the areas where you would be willing to support others as a mentor.
- Then when you are ready, click the link and create your mentee or mentor profile. You can go back and edit it anytime you like and there are tools in the system to help mentees refine their goals.
What happens next?
- The dedicated profile matching system will help mentees identify potential matches, based on their profile and what they would like to work on.
- If you have found someone who looks like a good match, introduce yourself and have an initial conversation You’ll both be able to decide whether you want to work together before you commit. Don’t worry if you don’t find a match right away – there are new mentors and mentees signing up all the time.
- Once you have a match and have agreed to work together, the platform will help you keep moving forward with prompts and advice.
- At the end of your mentoring relationship, it will help you look at what you’ve achieved together – and decide what you would like to do next.
We’d love to hear from you once you’ve signed up as we’re keen to understand how the prosthetics and orthotics profession will benefit from this BAPO-member exclusive opportunity.
For more information contact: Enquiries@bapo.com