The British Association of Prosthetists and Orthotists (BAPO) is sponsoring the Inspirational Innovators in Prosthetics and Orthotics award in the Advancing Healthcare Awards 2024 for the second year.
The Advancing Healthcare Awards 2024 is an annual event which aims to recognise and reward projects and professionals in the healthcare science and allied health professions (AHPs) that lead innovative healthcare practices and make a real difference to patients’ lives.
AHPs, healthcare scientists, and those who work alongside them in support roles across the UK are invited to enter the Advancing Healthcare Awards to recognise excellence and partnership working across the professions.
Commenting on the sponsorship of an award at the Advancing Healthcare Awards, BAPO’s Chair, Peter Iliff, said: “BAPO is delighted to sponsor an award to recognise inspirational innovators in prosthetics and orthotics in the Advancing Healthcare Awards 2024. Prosthetics and orthotics are the smallest AHP profession, yet it makes a hugely significant impact on the health and wellbeing of the population.”
The BAPO-sponsored award is open to all UK-registered prosthetists and orthotists, prosthetic and orthotic technicians, and support workers. Nominations can be made for yourself or a colleague. The prosthetics and orthotics award aims to recognise and reward the vital contribution of the workforce, and those who have inspired the prosthetics and orthotics community through innovation, leadership, clinical excellence, passion and research excellence.
Entries can be made until 2 February 2024.
The awards will be presented at a live ceremony on 26 April 2024 at the Victoria Park Plaza in London.
There are a variety of awards that are open to AHPs and healthcare scientists including:
AWARDS OPEN TO BOTH AHPs AND HEALTHCARE SCIENTISTS
• The Welsh Government’s award for value-based care: maximising the expertise of healthcare scientists and allied health professionals to improve patient outcomes
• The award for outstanding achievement by an apprentice, support worker, or non-registered technician in an AHP or healthcare science service
• The Rising Star Award sponsored by Chamberlain Dunn
• The Award for Creative and Innovative Practice
AWARDS OPEN TO AHPS
• The British Association of Prosthetists and Orthotists award for Inspirational Innovators in Prosthetics and Orthotics
• The AHP Clinical Leadership award
• The Northern Ireland Government’s award for Partnering, Leading, and Shaping to improve population health
• The judges select the overall winner from the category winners.