BAPO has represented British Prosthetists and Orthotists at the inaugural meeting of National Associations for Orthotist/Prosthetists. We are proud to be working alongside some wonderful other P&O societies from across the world to improve P&O!
Archives for October 2019
Wednesday 13 – Friday 15 May 2020
The Malvern Diabetic Foot Conference is the longest standing, biannual international diabetic foot meeting held in the UK.
Want to attend?
The Malvern Diabetic Foot Conference has been running for over 33 years and was the original multidisciplinary team foot conference. In 2020 the event will be feature 2 major surgical joint symposia as part of the programme. One with the British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society and the other with the British Vascular Society.
This three day conference is designed to bring together physicians, surgeons, podiatrists, orthotists and nursing staff with a common interest in diabetic foot problems. It is anticipated that the conference will improve our understanding of this disease which represents one of the main causes for in-patient treatment amongst the diabetic population.
- The early-bird delegate rate of £295.00 + VAT, will be available until Friday 31 January 2020.
- From Saturday 1st February 2020 the attendance fee will rise to £320.00 + VAT.
- Places at the Conference Dinner are also available to pre-book at a cost of £35.00 + VAT.
- Payment can be submitted during your online registration by Credit Card using PayPal.
FMI Click here
Health Education England (HEE) have just published some great new Virtual Reality videos designed to show students and other professionals what some of the smaller AHPs do. This includes a video on P&O, alongside one on Podiatry, Othoptics & Therapeutic Radiography
These are view-able in 360deg with a VRHeadset and really show what each profession does in a new and exciting way.
To view the films please go to the web link https://hee-vr360.azurewebsites.net/
NHS England and NHSI have produced a new guide to developing AHP Leaders.
This new interactive PDF resource shares the findings from a project thye have been working on to explore common factors which contribute to AHP leadership development. By combining trust executives’ expectations of AHP leadership, with individual accounts from chief AHP leaders (see also – ‘Investing in chief allied health professional leadership: insights from trust executives’), they have identified the common features that combine to create a platform and framework for AHP leadership at all levels and an extensive list of helpful resources, hints and tips.
It was developed to provide ideas and opportunities for aspiring AHP leaders and those who support the development of the AHP workforce, to ensure that the AHP workforce is developing the leaders required for the future.
guide will also be useful for:
- AHPs with leadership aspirations
- those supporting the development of future AHP leaders
- those developing AHP leadership capacity and capability within their organisation and system
- those supporting AHP workforce appraisal processes
- career coaching and mentoring conversations
It can be downloaded on the NHSI website: https://improvement.nhs.uk/resources/developing-allied-health-professional-leaders-guide. or can be downloaded by clicking here
All AHPs have been invited to join the National AHP Dementia WEBEX – sharing practice; connecting people, connecting support.
Date – Wednesday 27th November
Time – 3.30 – 4.20pm (50 min session)
Topic – The delivery of a person-centred, Food First model of care, for people living with dementia in Highland social care settings
Guest presenter –Evelyn Newman, Dietician NHS Highland
To join the WEBEX you need to
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register (if you are joining as a group then only 1 person needs to register the group)
- Have access to internet/computer to view the slide show during the WEBEX
- Have access to a landline phone to join the audio; listening to the presentation and joining the WEBEX discussion
Please ensure you have registered by the 25th November
Twitter : @wendyAHPDem
work mobile: 07843345627
Australia’s P&O conference
#AOPA19 returns to Melbourne for three days of unmissable education, networking and collaboration for all professionals involved in orthotic and prosthetic care. Please join us at the purpose-built Crown Conference Centre from October 24th-26th for Australia’s premier orthotic and prosthetic event.
Date: 24th-26th October 2019
Location: Crown Conference Centre, Melbourne
Title: AOPA Congress 2019 “Innovation in Action”