The CSP Leadership Development Programme
The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) has been running a successful Leadership Development Programme (LDP) for the last two years, delivered to over 80 CSP members. After exploring a new and different model of delivery and seeking innovation from the market from higher education institutions (HEIs), the CSP is happy to announce that the 2019 LDP will be run as an M-level/level 7 accredited module (or level 11 in the Scottish Credit & Qualifications Framework) worth 30 credits and will be available UK-wide and to all Allied Health Profession’s.
Aim of Leadership Development
The aim is to develop AHP leadership capability and capacity, through:
- Developing leaders with a critical understanding of leadership styles and business awareness applied to their service
- Establishing leadership development for AHPs that adds value to their personal development and their service contribution, and is applicable to healthcare systems across the UK
- Enabling those taking part to influence and make a positive, lasting change within their work environment
- Promoting the importance of leadership behaviours and roles in Physiotherapy and other AHPs
- Demonstrating the CSP’s commitment to not only improving the leadership capacity and ability of the Physiotherapy profession, but also other AHPs, for the benefit of service provision
Recruitment for places on the LDP will begin in late-autumn 2018 (date TBC) and the programme will start early 2019 (staggered start dates). Please keep an eye out on Twitter (@thecsp / #CSPLDP), CSP Facebook, the CSP website and Frontline (CSP magazine) for adverts and more information.
Criteria for applications, location details and timetable/dates are being finalised and will be available soon along with details of the HEI providers.
Please email LDP@csp.org.uk to register your interest, stating whether you are a physiotherapist or a member of another AHP.
We will use your email address solely to inform you that recruitment is open and where to find the details.